Thursday, August 2, 2012

Playing Hurt Madden Style

The Madden family was Irish, Catholic, and competitive.  When you pair competition with religion the result was a race to mass on Sunday.

Growing up in Daly City I shared a double size bed with my mother and my sister, Mary Delores.  I can remember, if I slept on the outside of the threesome, I frequently fell on the floor.  When you're little,  things like  this really don't phase you.    It all seemed so normal to wake up on the floor.  I usually slept in the middle, but if I had to go to the bathroom, my mom and Mary Delores roled to the middle because the mattress  sagged.  .

We bought it at The Salvation Army. The Madden family seldom bought anything new except for John's clothes.  The Salvation Army and Goodwill didn't have a big and tall department.  John had to go to San Francisco for his clothes because of his size.

So, back to the bed, when I returned from the bathroom  I ended up sleeping on the outside and woke up on the floor.  Falling out of bed is an example of "Playing Hurt, Madden Style."

No comments:

Post a Comment