Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Madden Talent

I crashed five cars by the time I was 19 years old.  Apparently, there was a learning curve illusive to me.  It was a bit of a surprise since I was born into an

athletic family, you know, coordinated people.  I assumed I   would be highly talented and athletically gifted.  My Father, Earl Madden, was a rodeo champion.  He raced cars at the El Dora Speedway in Iowa, and was a pretty good shot (guns I mean).  My brother, John Madden, played baseball, football, basketball, golf, and wrestled.  He's in the football Hall of Fame.

My sister, Mary Delores, was the png pong champion at Sequoia High School in Redwood City, California.  She was a ferocious  competitor.

By the time I was in high school, John was coaching the Oakland Raiders and I was crashing cars.  I'm more mature now.  I haven't been involved in a car accident in several years, but I still haven't found my talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment