Monday, December 10, 2012

12-21-12 Celebration Lunch

The end of  the Mayan calendar, 12-21-12, will be celebrated with a ladies' lunch at the Magruder residence.  (See menu on previous blog.)

There will be a musical  program including appropriate Apoclaypse  songs.  All those in attendance will be required to sing.  If guests don't know the lyrics, they can stand next to my friend, Lois Miller.  She knows all the words to all of the songs.  It's a gift.

We will honor the day with:
"Stayin Alive" by the BeeGees
"I Feel the Earth Move" by Carole King
"Break On Through (To The Other Side)" by The Doors
"(I've Had) The Time of My Life" by Bill Medley
"Dream A Dream" by Mama Cass"
"Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater
"Season of the Witch" by Donovan
"The Sound of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel
"Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney
"Thriller" by Michael Jackson

All afore mentioned musicians who have passed will join us in spirit.  OK, maybe that's stretching it, but I think anything is possible on the last day.

More Apocalypse lunch details to follow.




1 comment: