Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Political Agreements

I worked in a phone bank for candidate Roger Freeman, running in position 2 for State Representative in the 30th district in Washington state this evening.

The last time I worked in a phone bank was before caller ID was invented, when people answered their phones.  It was engaging, truely an experience that satisfied my need to feel that I can make a difference in this world.

Now, peole scan their calls and don't pick up.  I actually spoke to very few voters.  But, I don't feel discouraged.  I'm going back tomorrow and the day after that because I made a promise to work for this candidate and my word is my bond.

If you read "The Four Agreements," you know the first agreement is:  "Be impeccable with your word."

No comments:

Post a Comment