Monday, July 30, 2012

The Jacksons and the Maddens

I had the time of my life at the Jacksons' concert last night.  A sold out crowd was on their feet singing and dancing.

They're just incredibly talented, not just as vocalists, but as dancers.  They were outstanding in their choreographed dance moves  -  so precise  --so polished.  THE CONCERT IS A MEMORY i WILL ALWAYS TREASURE.

As a veteran of ten years of childhood dance lessons plus years of Arthur Murray ballroom dance lessons as an adult, I feel humbled  by the Jacksons' gifts.

I wanted to be a professional dancer.  By the time I graduated from high school, my father, Earl Madden, had passed away and my brother, John Madden, was coaching the Oakland Raiders.  When I told John I wasn't going to college, he pointed out that a professional football player usually peaks out at 32 (if
they're healthy) and he guessed that a professional dancer was probably the same.  What was I planning to do after the age of 32 without an education?

I went to college.

Subsequently, as I matured, I realized I didn't have the talent required to be a professional dancer which brings me back to the Jacksons and true talent.  They're amazing.

BI

No comments:

Post a Comment