Saturday, July 21, 2012

Priestess Purgatory

As a child I read from "The Little Book of Indulgences" with my Grandmother, Agnes Flaherty.  We recited numbers of rosaries and prayers that would shorten the sentence of the souls of people she knew to be in Purgatory.  She out-lived five of her nine children and was sure they were all in Purgatory with her husband, James.

I've always been fascinated with the concept of a middle place for sinners after death.  Although I've questioned priests in the past, I've never truly understood what happens at this destination.

So, as a Priestess, I've decided to solve this dilemma.  The following is my vision of Purgatory:

I picture Purgatory as a rather large school, a major university, a place to go and learn how to become a better person; a place to make amends for all of those you hurt during your life.

The school of Purgatory, although having many campuses, it, in all of it's forms is a high-rise of such proportons that Donald Trump couldn't concieve of the superior height and architecture.

There are no football fields, baseball diamonds, swimming pools, tracks, or soccer fields in Purgatory.  Oddly enough, there are very few good athletes in Purgatory.  It is estimated that at least 99% of them have been assigned to a different after-life experience.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment