Monday, January 21, 2013

Organized by a Stand-Up Lady

My kitchen is organized.  Here's how it works:  Victoria, owner of  Sparkling Homes, pulls everything out of my drawers, cupboards, shelves, and establishes piles according to what she thinks is garbage and that which is questionable garbage.  The things to be kept are obvious. 

Then, in rapid-fire succession, she holds up items to be discarded.  She doesn't throw away anything without my permission, but if I try to hold on to something she has determined for the junk pile, she rolls her eyes at me and asks:  "Really?  What are you going to do with this?"  I acquiesce with admiration for a woman who can stand up to me.

I was schooled, from the time I was born, in the fine art of intimidation. It's a Madden family special talent. People usualy don't mess with me. It's usually so much easier to placate a Madden rather than confront one.  I have learned to count on that.

My daughters, Molly and Cailin, figured it out years ago and I love them for it.  They're not afraid to challenge Mom.  Another generation of Maddens "question everything."  That's why I love and respect Victoria.  She's like my daughters, a stand-up lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment