Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dysfunctional Defined

Singing is so joyful.  Why should it be limited to the talented?  I have no talent.  It doesn't stop me.

I just returned from my Zumba class, a place I go to to make a total ass of myself.  I sing and dance, tell bad jokes, and make up stories about taking my act to Las Vegas. My daughters, Molly and Calin would be apalled if they attended the class.  They're still scarred from high school when  I sang and danced for their friends. They never appreciated the fact that my talent is that I have no talent.  Rather, I have the courage to risk the possibility of humiliation. 

All of this is acceptable to my friends at Zumba who know this is truely who I am, just a dork with an understanding of the entertainment aspect of it.  I should have pursued  a career in show business.

No comments:

Post a Comment