Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cookie Tossing - Suitable Form

Yesterday, on my way home from yoga class, I began to ponder the proper etiquette for hurling while driving?  Do I pull over and vomit in a parking lot or do I "Suck it up" and toss my cookies in the car hoping I will be spared the humiliation of public puking?

Always my Father's daughter, aka a valiant warrior, I opted to drive on.  I threw up three times, bam-bam-bam, projectile vomit.  The debris was everywhere including dribbling down my chin; in my purse, soaking the carpet and my clothes.  Always the optimist, I decided to  continue my journey and mop up at home.  When "What to my wondering eyes should appear?" but a child crossing against the light just as I sped up to catch the green-means-go signal.

Lucky for him, he was wearing a helmet.  When I was growing up, we didn't have helmets, but we knew better than to cross a busy intersection on a red light.  The sign says:  "DON'T WALK" in blinking red.  Perhaps that's what confused him.

So, I stopped on a green light with drool on my chin.  The boy stopped in the middle of the  street and waved me on.  Really?  He's going to ride his bike against a red light, stop in the intersection, and  wave a crazy lady with vomit on her face to cross in front of him? 

He was so vulnerable;  so innocent; so prescious; and so in need of guidance.  I wanted to protect him; pull over and talk to him about safety.  I wanted to know where his parents were and why he didn't know better?  But, what could I do with the contents of my stomach in my lap?  I waved him to the curb safely with a smile and a prayer.

I love a good barf story.  Don't you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment