Monday, February 4, 2013

Agnes Miracles



I admit, I was embarrassed when Agnes (my Grandmother) vacuumed the front sidewalk in her bathrobe.  She move in with the Madden family when I was three years old and I remember feeling appalled by her behavior.

In her demencia, she was mean-spirited, verbally abusive, and smelly, creating a sour odor I found pratically intolerable.  Still, I wish I knew her now because, with an adult understanding, I would have learned so much.

Agnes could speak to the dead.  As a child, it wasn't unusual to walk into an empty room with Agnes entertaining a meaningful conversation with her husband and children (five of them) who passed before her.

As a self-appointed Priestess, she possessed ancient Druid knowledge of the supernatural passed down through generations of Irish women.

Agnes vibrated at a high spiritual level with an understanding of manifestations of energy, miracles, astral-travel, and signs in nature such as banshee burn marks.  She was held in high regard with the Catholic church in Austin, Minnesota where she peformed many rituals with the dead to assist in their journey to the after-life.

When I was a child, I thought she was stupid.  Now I'm considering the possibility that she posessed knowledge I would have treasured.

No comments:

Post a Comment