Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Original Cat Woman

  1. Franklin (see picture)  trots around the house with his tail waving as if he is greeting his royal subjects.  He is really quite majestic.  He likes to eat, sleep, and cruise his litter box.  As I may have mentioned before, he's a gifted cat.
I taught him how to "high five" but he doesn't like to perform on cue, so frequently I'm left with my hand in the air, no return paw.

I taught him how to catch a ping-pong ball in mid-air with his paws.  He did it twice.  It was a breathtaking athletic feat.  Maybe someday he'll do it again.

My Mother, Mary Margaret Madden, was the original cat woman.  She grew up on a farm where she had 18 cats.  They lived in the barn and hunted for rodents.  She wasn't alowed to feed them.  They were "mousers", working farm animals.  If I had 18 cats, they would live in my house and I would train them.

No comments:

Post a Comment