Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Karma

Were you here before me?  That's what I usually say to people who try to cut in front of me in a line.  "Call the behavior."  My Dad taught me that.  People will usually (always in my case) back down.  Most people don't like confrontations.  I mention this because while shopping yesterday, a lady who was in line behind me decided to go to the "returns only" line and was immediately assisted there even though she didn't have a return item as I heard her tell her daughter before she left the line.

I pointed out to the others in the serpentine line (about 15 people) that the woman, about 35 years old, cut in front of us.

"She doesn't have a return," I informed them.
"Karma will get her," a young teenage girl buying school clothes said confidently.

I wanted to yell:  "You don't have any returns.  You cut in line!" in kind of create a scene the Seinfeld way.  "NO  CUTSIES!  Everyone learned that in Kindergarten!"

No comments:

Post a Comment